Our capabilities span the full spectrum of mortgage lending activity, from originations through servicing, default management, REO in the primary market to advisory on agency securities trading, risk management and conduit operations in the secondary markets.
Our directors and associates have extensive experience with Big Four firms and have been engaged on mortgage advisory assignments and are well versed in: (i) Accounting Policy Development, (ii) Operational Accounting and (iii) Systems Implementation.
Accounting Policy Development
- Assess accounting pronouncements
- Draft accounting policies and procedures, specifically FAS 5, 65, 91, 115, 133 / 149, 166 / 167, EITF 99-20
- Review default capital models, valuations for LLRs, MSRs: complexities and considerations
- Resolve questions related to historical accounting raised by the SEC staff and other regulatory agencies
- Fair value accounting in assessing the valuation of all financial and real estate assets
- Restructure accounting department personnel and processes to improve upon and enhance accounting monthly close process
- Develop and document close process and calendar that takes into account process efficiencies and interdependencies
- Develop management analytical reports for Board of Directors /Senior Directors use to validate and explain accounting results
- Document end-to-end processes
- Automation of manual processes within the close process
- Internal controls assessments and SOX compliance
- Interim executive and staff support and augmentation
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the system from requirements gathering, vendor selection, project/implementation management, to user acceptance testing
- Serve as liaison between IT and finance / accounting functions
- Automation of EUCs and standalone models, LLR valuations, MSRs, journal entries, etc.